Friendly matches (cricket & football) were organized for the guests. After the breakfast there was an Alumni General Meeting which was followed by the Alumni lunch at the Sheraton.
Old Boys Meet was conducted in the Memorial Hall. The Old Boys were warmly welcomed by the Captains and Prefects. The Proctor and the President of CBOBA (Col. Brown Old Boys Association) addressed the gathering. Maj. Harcharan Singh Gill gave away the prizes to the winners of the English Essay Writing Competition, Group A – Master Jobandeep Sandhu (Std XII), Group B – Master Mukul Yadav (Std IX). This was followed by the presentations made by the winners of the English Essay Writing Competition and the leaders of ‘Each One Teach One’ and ‘Green India Clean India’ groups. The Vice President of CBOBA, Mr. S.L.Deepak encouraged the boys to take up law as one of the career options. There was an interactive session in which Mr. Bharat Kohli, Mr. Abhishek Aggarwal, Dilpreet Sahi and Mr. Sarabdeep Manchanda interacted with the students advising how to make life more meaningful and successful. A workshop on leadership, organized by Col. Rakesh Sidhu, was held under the aegis of CBOBA in which the boys learnt how to cultivate the qualities of a good leader and that, power and responsibilities are complementary. A variety programme including dances and songs was presented to entertain the guests. The day concluded with a dinner hosted for the guests.
- The much awaited results for the English Essay Competition were finally declared by the Proctor in the morning assembly.
Group-I (Std. XII, XI, X) – Master Jobandeep Singh Sandhu.
Group-II (Std. IX, VIII) – Master Mukul Yadav.
- The opening ceremony of the 89th Inter House Athletics Competition was held. The three houses marched with perfection followed by the Headmaster declaring the athletics meet open.
Soon after the Half Yearly Examinations got over, the Senior school were taken to Mussoorie for a picnic whereas the Junior school were taken to a film show- Singh Is Bling.
- A friendly football match was held in the morning between Principal House and Bursar House. Principal House playing aggressively won the match by 5-1.
- In the evening a football match between Headmaster House and Bursar House was played, where Headmaster House won by 4-0.
This Saturday turned out to be a red-letter day at CBS. Mrs. Nivedita Kukreti (IPS), SP Vigilance visited the school for an inter-active session with the senior boys. During the session, she addressed the boys, emphasizing on the need to eradicate corruption from India. She asserted that this is only possible if the youth of today is vigilant, aware and become responsible citizen. The boys reciprocated with great zeal and enthusiasm. It was a time to reflect and promise.
The timing could not have been more precise. The ‘visit’ of Mrs. Nivedita Kukreti coincided with the students from the Police Modern School. Classes were organised for them by the Each One Teach One group of brownians.
The events concluded with a lunch for the honored guests, The Police Modern School children and the boys of Each One Teach One group.
- Our Basketball team played against the hosts i.e., The Heritage School in the semi-finals.
The match proved to be a competitive one in which we lost by a mere basket. The score was 25-27.
- The Indoor Cricket team though did not perform well to qualify for the playoffs, but were awarded the best ‘Disciplined’ team of the tournament.
- The Half Yearly Examinations commence. Best of luck to all!
- The Basketball team lost to Hilton School by 9-30. Our team stood second in the pool qualifying for the semi-finals.
The Basketball team played against St. Judes College. Our team won by 14-13 which seemed to be a tough challenge.
The Basketball team played against Doon Blossom School in the under 15 tournament held at The Heritage School. Our team won by 24-14.