- The School celebrated its 90th Founders on 17th March’2016, though due to the Board Examinations and Home promotional being held in March cultural events and other celebrations will be on 30th November. A special Assembly was held in the morning. Mrs. Indu Singh (Proctor) briefed the boys about the short history of Col. Brown Cambridge School. The boys and the members of the staff were each given a souvenir.
- In the evening Inter House PT was organized. Headmaster House won the Inter House PT competition. Devesh Gairola of Bursar House won the award for the best command. Inter House cricket tournament trophy was won by Principal House.
- On 19th March (Saturday) an Informal Entertainment by the junior school was held in the Tamarind Theatre between 4:30 pm and 5:30 pm. This entertainment was witnessed by school and was enjoyed by everyone.
- 19th March was observed as Earth day and Ms.Prachi Verma spoke at Assembly about climatic changes and how we can contribute to save energy and help to keep our environment clean. It was also decided that as WWF Earth Hour initiative will be observed from 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm, the lights were switched off in school (except essential lights) and the boys sat and watched India Pakistan T20 match in the common room so the dormitories lights could be switched off. It was a successful event due to the enthusiasm and contribution of the children. Children also made posters for the event which were displayed on the school Notice board.
- The boys of Bursar House, Principal House, Kitchner Block and Col. House went and saw Kapoor and Sons on Sunday (20/3/16). They were accompanied by their Expression club teachers.
Congratulations to Ajeet Singh (Batch of 1984) for receiving the NARI SHAKTI AWARD from the Honorable President of India for his contribution against human trafficking through his organisation GURIA.
We are proud of you and your team.
We are sad to announce the sad demise of Devi Singh Rathore,School Prefect in 1949,in Udaipur. He was waiting to board a flight to Mumbai when he collapsed and passed away at the Udaipur airport.
Our Deepest condolence to the family.
RIP Devi Singh
On Thursday the 3rd March, 2016, Prep school boys were taken to Wild Life Sanctuary situated on the picturesque banks of river Ganga in the Chidiyapur Forest Range of Hardwar.
Jhilmil Jheel has been declared as a conservation reserve for Barasingha(Swamp deer) considered to be one of the most venerable and endangered species almost on the verge of extinct till a few years ago. But with the enormous efforts of the wild life conservationist, their number is on the rise.
The place is a habitat of five species of deer, Hog deer, Chital, Sambar, Barking deer and swamp deer. Elephants, Nilgai(Blue bull) , common Leopards and occasional Tigers are also seen in the area.
The boys were briefed through audio visuals by the Forest Officer Mr. Narendra Kumar Singh who was the organizer. They were taken deep into the jungle and were able to see swamp deer, barking deer and elephants.
Boys had a wonderful time. The trip gave them an insight regarding wild life and the efforts being made by the conservationist to protect the endangered species.
It was also the Wild life day and hence very appropriate for the children to participate in a wild life trip.
Students have started practicing for the P T competition which is scheduled for 17th March.
Inter House Cricket tournament was won by Principal House.
Good news friends! Now students are allowed to watch TV from 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm daily. (We encourage them to see news channels) Class XI and XII have been sanctioned a town leave per month. Also Saturday movies will not be only English but one Hindi film also will be screened per month.
XII have been given a different shirt for outings. From April the whole school will be issued these.
On 17th February, 2016 class XI boys participated in an Anti drug campaign organized at Police Lines Dehra Dun. The event was organized by Dehra Dun Police in order to spread anti drug awareness amongst the youth. More than 75 schools and Institutes participated.
The event commenced with welcoming of the chief guest, honorable Chief Minister of Uttrakhand Mr.Harish Rawat. A short documentary and a nukkad natak were performed on drugs and its effects. The entertainment was followed by games and sport events for the students which included Tug of war, arm wrestling and races. It was an educative trip and we enjoyed interacting with the students of different schools.
“The arrow has left the bow and the accuracy will show the hard work they have put in.”
The Board Examinations have commenced for both X and XII and students have pulled up their socks and geared up to face their first board examiantion. A studious environment prevails in the dormitories as the monthly tests for other classes have also begun.